Learn to Sail All Year Round in the Caribbean
We are fortunate that you can learn to sail all year round…yes, even during Hurricane Season! In fact, “off season” may be a better time to learn to sail. So you may be thinking… Mmmmm….summer in the Caribbean…its going to be too hot and we will be running away from storms. Well, let’s take a look at this…
The Atlantic hurricane season is officially from 1 June to 30 November. Statistically tropical storms are more likely to form in the north of the Caribbean and The Bahamas and Bermuda have more to worry about than Grenada which is considered to be at the southern edge of the hurricane belt.
With sophisticated weather forecasting, you can get at least 3 days’ notice of any potential problems. We will be conscientiously checking the weather forecast, making good use of NOAA and if there is any cause for concern your instructor will quickly get you to safety.And the heat? Its hot all year here, it will be a little hotter but during the day you will be taking advantage of the wind to cool you down. Once you’ve dropped anchor for the day jump into the sea! Or have a cold drink…all the excuse you need for a rum punch. Getting tempted?
Here are 5 very good reasons why you should learn how to sail in the summer.
- For starters you will get a good deal on a sailing course. Less demand means lower prices.
- In general the winds are a little lighter and the sea state more comfortable than in the winter. Perfect conditions for learning to sail.
- It’s quieter. This makes for easier mooring, less waiting in bars and restaurants and a more relaxed feel.
- If you are extending your vacation and staying ashore for a few days, you will get bargain rates at the hotels.
- And the fifth reason why you should learn to sail with SeaHorse Sailing School in the summer is because no matter what time of year, you will get top quality instruction on well maintained yacht, with great customer service from start to finish!
Find out more information about lour ASA sailing school.
What are you waiting for? Learn to sail all year and Contact us today.